Powered by Blogger.

The Why

>> Sunday, January 1, 2012

My journey to a cleaner life style evolved from not really caring at all about what I put in or on my body to a sort of obsession that is now impacting the rest of my family - positively, of course.

It started with figuring out (on my own, thankyouverymuch doctors) after a fibromyalgia elimination diet that I had celiac disease back in August of 2008, and finally getting diagnosed the summer of 2011.

In 2009, I was told (wrongly, of course) that I was borderline diabetic and completely changed my lifestyle. 

Turns out I am not borderline diabetic, but I have hypoglycemia and a lot of the food rules for borderline diabetics and hypoglycemics are the same.  Basically I eat lots of protein in small portions often throughout the day.  Or I morph into a grizzly bear with intolerable hunger anger.  It's not pretty.

In an effort to try to lose the rest of the baby weight (coupled with IVF weight, coupled with depression eating patterns) gained from a failed pregnancy with triplets in 2009, I went on Natalia's Rose's The Raw Food Detox Diet in the summer of 2011.  It was a massive failure.

January of 2012 I once again tried to go with Natalia Rose's detox plans, this time following her detox for women.  I found much more success, have lost over 15 lbs and only have a couple more to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy, pre-ivf weight.  My goal is drop another 10-15 lbs beyond that.

In the midst of eliminating red meat, dairy, soy, gluten, most fruits except for berries, processed foods, and eating my starches 3 hours apart from my proteins, I found that I feel amazing, the weight is coming off and staying off, and I'm much happier. 

This from a girl who has been on diets most of her life, been unhealthy most of her life, and been feeling miserable and in pain most of her life.

At first I thought of the process of being on the detox as a diet - a fad I would try out and then discard along the way at some point.  Instead, I love how I am now living and intend to keep it up - carrying over the change in my food to the rest of my life!

I am also now a mom via adoption and I want the best and cleanest life style possible for my little girl.  I don't want her to struggle with infertility or food allergies or toxin build up in her body.  Some of that may be inevitable because of genetics or whatever, but the parts I have control over, I am going to work to make as clean as possible.

You are welcome to follow along on this adventure!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP