Powered by Blogger.

Product Reviews

>> Monday, April 2, 2012

Zuzu Luxe Liquid Eyeliner:
I thought I would have a really tough time with applying a liquid eyeliner, based on all my past epic fails with the product.  Zuzu's in Azure is different though, and much easier to use.  It's more mineral-y and thicker than drug store varieties, and it went on smoother and didn't bleed into my skin.  Score one for that.  The color, though, was not as intensely blue as I had hoped, or as it looked like it would be.

Black Pearl, on the other hand, is not as thick as Azure and I had some issues with bleeding.  Not as badly as drug store varieties, but it was still annoying.  I have to say though, that I really like the color as opposed to plain black.  It's a little more grey and softer.

I also didn't have a problem with either color drying out my eyes like the pencils I used by Rimmel or Revlon.  I couldn't feel it at all, actually.  Score another point for clean makeup.


I didn't wear the Azure color all day, as I only put makeup on in the evening before we went out to the arena football game.  It kind of faded in the outer corners of my eyes, but stayed put everywhere else on my upper and lower lids.  I probably will have to invest in doubles of each color so I can have a backup in my purse for when I'm out all day.  I would say it performed much much better than I expected but not as great as I hoped.

The Black Pearl stayed put all day except for the very outer bottom corner of my eyes.

Overall, high score for comfortableness, pretty easy application, and mostly staying put.


Crystal roll-on deodorant:
The jury is still out on this particular purchase.

I definitely don't seem to sweat as much with it as I thought I would, so that's definitely a plus.  So far no wet stains under my armpits on my clothes.

I'm not sure if I smell with it or not.  The deodorant itself is fragrance free, and when I stuck my nose in my pits, I thought I smelled some body order, but I just checked again and I seem to not smell any more.  Went for a walk outside in warm humid Florida and I didn't think I smelled afterwards.  Not sure what I was smelling when I applied it.  Maybe it's just that I'm so used to having fragrance??

You do have to wash before you apply it because I guess otherwise it doesn't really work.  It is not an antiperspirant per se, but it's supposed to neutralize the bacteria that create funky body odor.  I think it does this well, so far.  Hubby said he didn't smell any body odor until his nose was actually touching my underarm pit.  That's good, right?

After putting it on, my underarms felt pretty sticky for a while.  I ended up blotting some off, and then felt fine.

Overall, I would recommend Crystal over drug store choices like Secret or Dove because of all the crap in them.  It's hard, though, not to smell florally.  That's going to take some getting used to.

I would like to try my hand at making my own deodorant, and I'm looking for and at recipes.


Tom's of Maine Toothpaste:
Definitely different from the Crest Whitening I've been using for years.  Tom's is not sweet at all.  I never realized just how much sugar or sweetner was in regular toothpaste!  The lack of sweet is going to take some adjustment, but that's not a bad thing.

It also is very smooth with no grit.  Crest Whitening toothpaste has stuff in it that is abrasive.  I plan on getting around this by using some baking soda with my Tom's so that I'm getting the clean I feel I need.

The minty flavor of Tom's is much lighter than other brands, but it is still freshening.

I really do like my new toothpaste.  It's very different from what I'm used too, but in good ways.


Kiss My Face Olive Oil bar soap:
I cannot say enough about this product.  LOVE it, LOVE it, Love it!!!!

Worth every penny. And the bars are really very big.

It suds nicely when washing my hands, leaves my skin smooth and hydrated, but not greasy or filmy.

I can use it wash my face.  I have not been able to take a bar of soap, rub it on a washcloth, and then wash my face ever without a horrible reaction of burning or itching.  But Kiss My Face Olive Oil is heavenly!  It takes off my makeup without much scrubbing, and even if I get some in my eyes, it only feels uncomfortable for a second, even with contacts in.  None of that burning and burning and burning of eyes or skin.  And after washing my face, I don't have to apply anything.  Other cleansers or soaps made my skin feel really dry and like it was cracking when I uses my facial muscles, but not with Kiss My Face.  I don't have any clean lotion and didn't want to apply crap after washing crap off, so I tried not putting anything on and I've been fine all day.  My face looks and feels so much healthier.  My skin is rosy and loving the new soap.

Today, I washed my face, didn't put on any makeup or lotion, and went out to the park.

I am a happy, happy girl!

Essential Oils: Rose Absolute in Jojoba Oil
It smells pretty but disappears in minutes, no matter how much I apply.  I think my body eats the scent.

Essential Oils: Jasmine in Jojoba Oil
I like this one much better because its scent lasts much longer on me than the Rose Absolute.  Since I'm not using any product with scent except the very light scent in the Giovanni products, I need something with some pop to it.  Jasmine has that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP