Powered by Blogger.

Unleashing the inner beast

>> Tuesday, March 27, 2012

When I was in high school and through quite a few of my college years, I always did crafty things.  Somewhere along the way, though, while the desire to be creative didn't wane, my time and energy did.  I guess that part of my life became a casualty to the war against infertility, too.

But I am so happy to say that this going clean bit seems like a perfect outlet for my currently dormant creative talents!  I am so excited to make my own lotions, lip balms, soaps, candles, etc.  I am also looking forward to cooking more, now that I've decided on a from-scratch-as-much-as-possible approach and invested in some cookbooks made for avoiding allergens like gluten, corn, dairy, eggs, etc.

Before it was hard to justify the perceived expense of investing in crafty materials and books and equipment only to make Christmas gifts.  At one point I did really want to start my own business and even found someone with the same desire.  But the friendship fell apart and I became busy after we adopted Z, and those plans were put on the back burner again.

While I don't plan on making any of this into a business venture, I am very excited to make naturally those things that my family can use and benefit from, with an occasional Christmas or birthday gift thrown in.  :)

My creative side is screaming to be unleashed!

3 comments:

Rantipole15 April 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM  

Hi Katie! I only just regained regular internet access, so I only just noticed your cool new blog! What fun! I've started making some stuff from scratch lately too and I really look forward to learning more about it...so far I've only done laundry detergent, fabric softener, stain remover, that sort of thing. I enjoy a blog called "One Good Thing" that I found on pinterest--she's got tons of awesome recipes for things that I would never have thought of making on my own! Now I just have to do it. :) I look forward to following your progress!

The Spicy Chickadee April 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM  

Hey, can you send me the stain remover & softner recipes? I was just wishing for those today.

Wu-zy Whatsit April 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

i think "making it" has stuff about that--i bought that book, btw. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP